Flowers, Vines, and Seeds

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out for a walk to the park this afternoon. I walked up the back alley where the wild clematis has overrun more than a few fences. Took a photo of my neighbor Leroi's knockout rose and when I got to the park a found some interesting acorns on a oak tree branch. Hurricane Laura threw us some clouds so the day was overcast.

That is an old garage. Those are original asbestos shingles on that garage. Can't get those anymore.

clematis.jpg

leroi-rose.jpg

acorns.jpg

No 3 for me for the colour, composition and dof.

My grandparents had those shingles on their house when I was very little. They were only dangerous if you cut them ( dust ). Plumbers used to use them as a fire barrier when soldering in tight spaces in a wall to prevent starting a fire.

My grandparents had those shingles on their house when I was very little. They were only dangerous if you cut them ( dust ). Plumbers used to use them as a fire barrier when soldering in tight spaces in a wall to prevent starting a fire.

They're sealed up and painted over so as they sit they're not dangerous but they're a problem waiting to cost the homeowner. We have them on our garage as well. We had the garage re-modeled many years ago with a new roof and siding but we couldn't afford the cost to legally remove the asbestos shingles so we had to cover them up behind the siding. The contractor who remodeled our garage rejected the option to remove them out of hand.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back