Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
b4f961afc518f8d9271ea55b87412120.jpg

Would like to get some C&C for this one, mostly 'bout:
*Composition (as seen in pic)
*Lightning setup

Lightningsetup:
I used 2 external flashes, one mounted on the camera and aimed 45 degrees upwards w/ softboard extended.
The second flash was placed beneath aprox 30 degrees to the left of the motive aimed straight upwards w/ a diffusion panel attached

i think you did a good job on lighting. the white petals look really good with the black background, only thing is that the rose on the left distracts from the rest. ideally i would like to see just the white flower with black background.

Great shot! I love all the shadowing. :thumbup:

ideally i would like to see just the white flower with black background.

yep i noticed myself while taking the photo, i wanted to cut it away from the flowers... but it's moms flowers she got from dad for anniversary (not to popular to cut away the rose :/ )

But thank you for you the C&C, appreciated!

Great picture! Could you please explain to me how you set up the flowers? Are they in a glass vase? I'd love to try something like this, and any help would be appreciated.

Z

Great picture! Could you please explain to me how you set up the flowers? Are they in a glass vase? I'd love to try something like this, and any help would be appreciated.
Z

I wrote the lightning-setup in the first post, but if you don't have 2 external flashes you could place the flowers near a window on an overcast day (for some nice diffused light) The flowers where placed in a 25 cm vase then i just zoomed in so the flowers but not the vase was in sight. Ask me again if you want to know something specifically

I wrote the lightning-setup in the first post, but if you don't have 2 external flashes you could place the flowers near a window on an overcast day (for some nice diffused light) The flowers where placed in a 25 cm vase then i just zoomed in so the flowers but not the vase was in sight. Ask me again if you want to know something specifically[/QUOTE]

Thanks for getting back to me! I take it you used some kind of material for the background?

Z

Thanks for getting back to me! I take it you used some kind of material for the background?

Z

I simply used a piece of cloth as a background, made a selection of the flowers and pasted them onto a black background. It's that simple! :)
I can't afford to buy real studio equipment so I manage DIY-stuff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back