Fly

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Just took these under indoor lighting, hope you like.

15kb.jpg

23kh.jpg

Thanks.
Ken.

Holy crap that IS close :stun: ....... i want those bellows...... it looks like he's been in a battle or something...... really interesting, great shots :thumbsup:

Thanks Archie, the first was a really tiny thing, the second is a different fly and a little bigger. BTW I don't have purple in the house......something to do with the light, Just thought I'd clear that up!

That first one got a little weak in the knees ... what was it? Your hand first, photo next?

Your macros are the clearest I have ever seen on here, absolutely stunningly close and clear-clear-clear. And with indoor light only ... wow. How fast is that lens of yours?!?!?

Unfortunately, the first shot won't load for me. The second one, however, is incredible!

Now, a question: how did you get such incredible detail and close focus with a 70-300? What are "bellows" and what do they do?

amazing , im interested in how these bellows work?? do u need a macro lense? how can u still get things in focus when the lens is extended?

Hi guys and thanks for the comments.....These are not taken with the 70-300 but with a 50mm, I have updated my sig. to now show this. I don't know too much about this kind of thing but, the bellows take the lens futher away from the film plane or sensor (in my case) allowing extreme close ups. It's not easy and as you are so close to the subject (nearly touching in some cases) light becomes a problem, which in turn affects the shutter speeds (especially indoors) So you really need very slow moving or DEAD subjects and even when shooting outdoors, the slightest breeze affects the sharpness. Dof can also be a problem and all of the macro shots I've submitted lately have all been taken at F22 (or there abouts) which also slows the shutter down, so it's all very much a compromise. Focusing is a matter of either moving the camera or the bellows in or out...It's all manual and done by eye.....I don't know if newer bellows allow the lens to comunicate with the camera, only that mine doesn't.
This is the lens out of the bellows.
lens6jt.jpg

and the bellows.
bellows30hz.jpg

I'm sorry some of you can't see the first pic as I think it's the better of the two.....and don't really know why you can't, as it's showing for me.
Thanks again for the comments.
Ken.

Most reactions

Back