flying a kite

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
/
29658434-L-2.jpg

Almost looks like a Flexi since I can't see any major opening on the front but not positive.

skunkboy said:
Almost looks like a Flexi since I can't see any major opening on the front but not positive.

yep, that's what he and his patner called it

29708011-L.jpg

Both are really nice Jon! Love the angle and clouds in the first, and the high contrast in the second! You never cease to amaze me with your work!

you always give a different perspective... that is the one thing about you and scoob and chiller, and cruzin and some of the others on here seem to do that i cant do... you see things differently than most people....your angles give a different view..and the shots i see dont look like yours...then i see yours, and i see the whole picture totally differently..that is a mark of a unique and true photographer...no rules govern you... its just feeling..emotion.... great shot, jon..

Ohio - these were taken with a disposable camera....my D70...after all the great shots i've seen here lately, i may throw it away and just watch the scenery ;)

thank you Amanda, and aprilraven - rules? what rules? ;) actually, the only rule i don't believe in is the rule of thirds. where did that come from anyway....maybe Hertz will jump in an answer that one - hehehe

Wow again. This one literally blew me away !!!
Whooosh...
Nice angle, great focus & composition as always.

Really great perspective on that first one! I like the tones and the feel of the second one as well. Great shots, Jon :thumbsup:

Ooooo boy I like these pictures, the angles are just great. These also show how diverese your photographic styles are. I agree with Alison :thumbsup:

JonMikal said:
Ohio - these were taken with a disposable camera....my D70...after all the great shots i've seen here lately, i may throw it away and just watch the scenery ;)
Tell me which trash can. ;)
I'll make the drive... :lol:

hmmm, the second, being black and white is hard to tell but perhaps a 7' Mega Four... but it can't unless it was sheathed down to a two line from a quad line. Yeah, I'm a big kite fanatic. Great shots no matter what they are. Unfortunately I don't have a good pic of the flexi stack I used to fly but I used to get a friend's tri-stack of Flexi Super 10's (10' x 2'... three of 'em stacked = more power than you could imagine). It's always fun to see others enjoying a sport that can be both energetic and soothing at the same time. **now if only I could get people to stay out from under my lines. They don't think there's any power behind 'em but what about when I go 12-15' in the air, come down and the shock from my body hitting the ground vs the pull from the tri-stack breaks 800lb kevlar line (not to mention the gale warning that I didn't know about but still, kites can be dangerous).

Excellent shots Jon. Really dig the angles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back