Flying' Over Bug Light

Great shot. Did you luck into that parasail flying by or were you there to document someone's flight?

I think you've overdone the sky a little. The mask on the horizon is not only a bit abrupt, the horizon and the sea are a lot brighter than the sky and the contrast has pushed the colours in the sky to the point that they bear no relationship to the rest of the image.

What does the original photo look like?
The actual timing of the photo is great!! A lot of nice subject matter to work with.
I agree, though, with some of the extreme post-processing applications detract from the potential of the photo.
The one thing I keep looking at the artificial flame in the light house. It looks obviously unnatural.

I think there would be great potential here, but like the others have said, too much processing. The fake light, the cut line at the horizon, and the pasted-in pilot. Get rid of those and then crop it square around the lighthouse.

The original shot was great without all of the work done to it, imo.

Less is more, I'm learning

This was a nice capture, good job! :)

But when you do edit a background, make sure you pay attention to every little piece. Under the fence rail in the first photo, and all the little chain link squires have no editing. Those need to be selected individually.
I also agree that less is more in a lot of cases. I also used to over edit, and so no worries! :)

Most reactions

Back