What's new

Flying, Two Wheel Style

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
4,801
Reaction score
83
Location
Brooklin, Ontario, Canuckia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry I have been AWOL for so long but life has been busy. Took in a local Motocross event last night. These are always fun to watch but the dust from the dry weather we have been having was horrendous and I only stayed a short time. It was not worth getting dust all over the gear. One of these days I will have to go back after a good rain.

moto20076262516.jpg


moto20076262549.jpg


moto20076262553.jpg


moto20076262612.jpg


moto20076262613.jpg


moto20076262494.jpg


moto20076262490.jpg


moto20076262619.jpg


This will give you a good idea of the dust being kicked up and naturally the wind was blowing towards the spectators.
moto20076262610.jpg


Thanks for looking,

Eric
 
Awesome shots mate, l really like. Theres a track not far from me, i know the guy who owns it, im gonna try and get down there one day.
Can i ask what equipment you used and settings please?
 
Awesome shots mate, l really like. Theres a track not far from me, i know the guy who owns it, im gonna try and get down there one day.
Can i ask what equipment you used and settings please?

Hey Goldeeno,

Get there if you can, its lots of fun.

I used a Nikon D-200 for these with a Nikkor 18-200VR ED lens. Most of my exposures were at aperture priority between 125th-400th sec. If you have not shot much action I suggest a much higher shutter speed to make sure your shots are sharp. I also used continuous focus to track the bikes.

Hope that helps,

Eric
 
Yeah thats cool, cheers, ive shot F1, so ive done fast, lol, The guy i know is Gary Taylor, hes just amazing, does Freestyle MX tho. Seeing your photos make me wanna go down there..
 
Airic! Great to see you back posting (although I expected it to be airplane shots!)

This is a fun series...like the colours and sense of speed. You obviously have quick reflexes, to be able to frame the subjects so well as they zoom past. Given the dust shown in that last pic, I don't blame you for packing it in.

Hope to see more posts from you!
 
Good to see you back on your feet man. Excellent images as always. One day Im gonna make the trek up there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom