FNL - 1st round of the play-offs

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pretty much at the last minute, I got a change of plans. I was supposed to go cover a team about 1.5 hours away but ended up not having to go. So that left me open to go about 20 miles to see my High School team play their 1st round game.

It is a small school and the lighting at most of those fields are SERIOUSLY lacking. I shot the first half and a little of the third quarter before putting up the camera to watch and visit with some old friends and coach. I really didn't expect much out of this series but was surprised that I got a few.

1)
VA-Minco-35.jpg

2)
VA-Minco-49.jpg

3)
VA-Minco-67.jpg

4)
VA-Minco-80.jpg

5)
VA-Minco-89.jpg

6)
VA-Minco-112.jpg

7)
VA-Minco-151.jpg

Ron, there's a few nice ones, but not one of your best shoots. I also understand more than most that football games don't have the action all the time. The last game I shot, two weeks ago, the first half was probably the worst half of images I've shot in two years. Things happened and I was off the mark, missed nice shots, just didn't have my head in the game. Second half was better.

Thanks Scott. Yeah, I knew this wasn't my best. The road team (white jersey's) is where I went to HS and played ball. So there were plenty of people that I knew there and I went to see them as much as to shoot.

I only shared because I was happy that I was able to get some properly exposed shots in really bad lighting.

Still better than a sharp stick in the eye :)

I've been the photographer for my old school this year and it's been great, except the fact that they have the worst lights in the area. So I feel your pain lol

Thanks @BillM, I know exactly what you mean. I had to have one really tough lighting condition this year because I had some really good lighting a couple of times.

Most reactions

Back