Foam!

Pop into your local camera shop and ask; failing that Ebay could be your best bet as I understand there are some good kits out there.

Do a search on eBay for seller ID "interslice" (Jon Goodman). Get the $6.00 kit, which he ships free within the USA. High quality materials, a "Camera Seal Repair for Dummies" instruction sheet (okay - he doesn't call it that, but you get the idea), and a "tool" for removing the old seals. Has enough material for several cameras.

Alternatively, email him directly at: jgood21967ATaolDOTcom

MicroTool, get the imported assorted pack, 5 sheets all thicknesses, self adhesive for $25 and you'll have enough to start a business.

Hello,

Another vote for Jon Goodman. Although I've never used his stuff, his name is mentioned with high praise on many a forum when the subject of light seals is mentioned.

F. Duddy

I got a kit from Ebay which worked wonders on my Canon AE1 and A1. Check under Cameras For Parts.

Anyone who's used Jon Goodman's kits, are they modular or do you order for specific cameras? I've got some aging film backs that could use some new seals, and this seems like the one repair I could probably trust myself to to do.

montresor said:
Anyone who's used Jon Goodman's kits, are they modular or do you order for specific cameras?

They are generic (not specific to a single camera) with LOTS of material of different thicknesses and densities. If you do a search for his auctions they have a photo of all the materials in the kits.

Most reactions

Back