Focus question for Carl Zeiss lens on Hasselblad 500 CM

rtrobaugh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I set the infinity mark at the aperture used ( F16); will everything be in focus from the distance indicated for F16 on the left side to infinity be in focus?
Camera is a Hasselblad 500 CM and lens used are CF lens.

If I set the infinity mark at the aperture used ( F16); will everything be in focus from the distance indicated for F16 on the left side to infinity be in focus?
Camera is a Hasselblad 500 CM and lens used are CF lens.
Focus will be at the distance the lens is in focus -- center mark. Depth of Field will extend from infinity to the red f/16 marker on the left side. Depth of Field differs from "in focus." Depth of Field is defined in an 8x10 print as appearing "acceptably sharp." Your expectations for "acceptably sharp" may not be coincident with the parameters selected by Hasselblad. You may for example be planning on making a larger print. Test and see what you get.

Focus will be at the distance the lens is in focus -- center mark. Depth of Field will extend from infinity to the red f/16 marker on the left side. Depth of Field differs from "in focus." Depth of Field is defined in an 8x10 print as appearing "acceptably sharp." Your expectations for "acceptably sharp" may not be coincident with the parameters selected by Hasselblad. You may for example be planning on making a larger print. Test and see what you get.
Thanks for your reply. That is the best explanation I have heard and makes perfect sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back