Focussing problem, plz help

Damn! I did it again. I didn't realize that the OP's comparison with his P&S should be ignored. According to the glorious and perfect Buckster, the explanation for the difference is confidential information.
He wanted help with his 30D.

Your diaper's still sagging, I see. Constantly full, apparently... Oh well... Some people's kids... :lol:

Damn! I did it again. I didn't realize that the OP's comparison with his P&S should be ignored. According to the glorious and perfect Buckster, the explanation for the difference is confidential information.

Your diaper's still sagging, I see. Constantly full, apparently... Oh well... Some people's kids... :lol:

It's a damned shame. I've seen your pictures and they're not bad but you're arrogant as hell.

(1) I am messing up when I use SLR (30D) for this type of photos. Always one of the two persons get focussed. Had I taken this with my S 80 canon (compact) both of them would have come focussed and the otherone is blurred.

(2) How do I learn good people photography.

Thanks
Most compact cameras have a lot more inherent Depth-Of-Field than DSLR cameras do because of a smaller image sensor and tiny lenses that cannot open very wide.

So, that's why your S 80 seems top perform better than the 30D.

In the first image the man is further from the image sensor than the woman and he is out of the range of focus for the aperture, subject distance, and lens focal length you had on the 30D at that time.

You learn good people photography by first understanding how the camera and lens work and then using those fundamentals to your advantage

It's a damned shame. I've seen your pictures and they're not bad but you're arrogant as hell.
We artists are famous for it! :lol:

Honestly though, I don't think it's true (the arrogance thing). I think it's just that it's hard to read people in just their written words, unless they're talented writers, which I certainly have no claim to. So, I come off as perhaps too direct because I tend to try to get to the point, even though I'm wordy as an old man who craves company and won't let the mailman go!

I know some stuff, and I like to share it when I can. I don't know LOTS of other stuff though, and I keep my trap shut and my typing fingers behind my back while others are explaining, so that I can learn something from them.

So, it may seem that every time you see me post, I come off as someone who knows all, or seems to think so. But it's just because you can't see me sitting on my hands observing and learning most of the time, or you'd know what the true percentage between the two really is.

Let's bury the hatchet, huh? We're both just people with a common interest in photography. That's not such a bad thing.

When I'm really wrong about something, correct me. No biggie - I like to learn stuff and don't mind being corrected. That way, I don't spout the same idiotic thing again and again. But how about if we lose the jabs, provocations, and "great and glorious" stuff, eh? Life's too short, and we're too old... ;)

Most reactions

Back