What's new

Fog, apples and rocks...

runnah

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
14,632
Reaction score
7,563
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From this morning and afternoon. Not super stoked on them so feedback is appreciated.

$apples.webp
Frozen Crab Apples

$rocks.webp
Old Rock Wall

$fog1.webp
Some tree in my backyard
 
they seem a bit soft, but I think it's the posting them using the forum's photo upload. I found that using flickr and then BBCode made a really large difference when photos demanded sharpness.

Great nature shots!.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
they seem a bit soft, but I think it's the posting them using the forum's photo upload. I found that using flickr and then BBCode made a really large difference when photos demanded sharpness.

Great nature shots!.

Yeah I think that is the case because they are sharp on my monitor. I have noticed the colors always get a bit desaturated.

thanks for the feedback!
 
I suggest a B&W conversion of #3. It might or might not benefit from some cropping as well.
 
they seem a bit soft, but I think it's the posting them using the forum's photo upload. I found that using flickr and then BBCode made a really large difference when photos demanded sharpness.

Great nature shots!.

Yeah I think that is the case because they are sharp on my monitor. I have noticed the colors always get a bit desaturated.

thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I find I get the best results from exporting from aperture as an 8 bit .tiff, then uploading to flickr, then using the large BBCode to post here.
 
All three are interesting shots with good composition but I would move in much closer in #1 to get one or a few crab apples with the frost on them and the others in the background...assuming of course that you have the appropriate camera and lenses. Moving in closer with #3 as well and chosing a lower camera angle would give that image stronger impact as well.

skieur
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom