Foggy Boardwalk

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
Today was supposed to be partly cloudy and instead it rained and by the time I got to this waterfront boardwalk, the fog started rolling in.

Oh well. It made for a pleasant walk and it got rid of the crowds.

13414898-M.jpg

Nice colours, interesting effect of the fog - I wonder whereabouts near you this waterfront may be? (I've been to Houston twice only, so I don't know much about it, only is it not right on the sea!).

Something tells me that I'd like to see this photo a little cropped, but I still can't put my finger quite onto "where" and "how far" ... lose a bit of the top and the bottom part, and just some of the fog on the right, I think....

Hi LaFoto. Thanks for the comments. I see what you are saying about the cropping at the top.

I think the quickest way for me to explain Houston and water is to put up a link.

Here is a map where you can see Houston and its relation to water. I was at an area called Kemah which is on this map. And although the title is cut off, Galveston opens up to the Gulf of Mexico. So you are right that Houston is not right on the sea, but it is very close. :)

http://www.galveston.com/maps/

Hey, thanks for that link to the map - brings back memories from when we were there almost 9 years ago. My husband had to do business in Downtown Houston and we were installed on Galveston Island. Unaccostumed to American distances, we found commuting tiresome and far to go... But it was worth the experience, all the same!

Wonderful photo, I like this a lot. I think LaFoto had some good cropping suggestions. I love the way the lights lead you right into the picture, nice perspective!

Most reactions

Back