What's new

Foggy Morning

Rrr3319

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Location
Kankakee County, IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys! I wish I had more time to wander around in the fog to take some pictures the other morning, but I had to get to work. There are a lot of cool old buildings in my neighborhood so I went out in search of some creepy fog shots. C&C always appreciated! Thanks!
1.

4670548606_8bf3236f82.jpg

2.

4669921685_35f7300690.jpg
 
Do they look more fogy in color?
 
I don't know... here are a few in color...

I like color ones better, especially #4, a wider lens would have helped. Just my openion - overall it is good :thumbup:
 
interesting shots....i love fog. gives mystery to the overall photo.
 
Are you using a Dslr? I like the fog shots in color what gets me is that when ever you try to translate a digital color shot to B&W it just never seems to work.
 
I don't know... here are a few in color...

I like color ones better, especially #4, a wider lens would have helped. Just my openion - overall it is good :thumbup:



Thanks. I actually grabbed my camera with the 100mm attached and didn't notice until I was out the door that it was the 100mm and not my wider angle. d'oh! :confused:
 
Are you using a Dslr? I like the fog shots in color what gets me is that when ever you try to translate a digital color shot to B&W it just never seems to work.

Yes, I am using a DSLR. I'm not going to say I have the best b&w conversion on these, but can you elaborate on what you think doesn't work converting color digital photos into b&w?

Thanks everybody for all of your input.
 
Are you using a Dslr? I like the fog shots in color what gets me is that when ever you try to translate a digital color shot to B&W it just never seems to work.

Yes, I am using a DSLR. I'm not going to say I have the best b&w conversion on these, but can you elaborate on what you think doesn't work converting color digital photos into b&w?

Thanks everybody for all of your input.

It wasn't a comment on your shot per say but a general overall comment on digital color to B&W. I really don't think that I can quantify it but the digital B&W seem to have a "waxy" quality almost as if the color is trying to come back though. It's hard to define and that may just be me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom