Foggy Night

mswiech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well it was some weird weather we have had the last couple of nights and here are a few from when it was extremely foggy out. I got these 2 photos just after there was a 2 min down pour and the fog lifted slightly to actually see the bridge.

Foggy Bridge by mswiechwaterloo, on Flickr

Camera Nikon D3100
Exposure 20
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 24 mm
ISO Speed 100

Foggy Inlet by mswiechwaterloo, on Flickr

Camera Nikon D3100
Exposure 33
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 48 mm
ISO Speed 100

I bumped up the exposure and contrast slightly in LR 3 and then I exported it into Silver Efex Pro and utilized that program to convert it to B&W. In there I increased the shadows and highlights as well added some structure too.

Please let me know what you think and possible area's to improve on and/or what I did well.

Thanks

Mike

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
First impressions: I love them both - good use of the "foggy night" affect and SFP. I like the reflections in the water in the first one. My only real nit would be that the island in the second one hides the bridge from view and I am not sure what the subject of the image is - the bridge or the island.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

OP
mswiech

mswiech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks WesternGuy. The 2nd pic subject was the inlet with the sitting ducks with the bridge as a background piece. I wanted to make sure that I got the whole inlet into the frame. I was on a boat dock while these were taken.

Thanks again :)

APHPHOTO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like the first one. The second would look better without the bridge.

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like them both. My first thought was, "that looks like the Ambassador Bridge...?" Went to your Flickr page and saw that it is. :) Where'd you shoot that from?

OP
mswiech

mswiech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like them both. My first thought was, "that looks like the Ambassador Bridge...?" Went to your Flickr page and saw that it is. :) Where'd you shoot that from?
Thanks Buckster. It was shot on the Windsor Side in Olde Sandwich.

Most reactions

New Topics