What's new

Foggy Sunrise

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
265
Location
Sudbury
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well after a long absence from the forums for quite some time as I've been in the process of moving across the country.

Here's a photo taken on my way fishing early this morning.

Foggy Sunrise

7673069946_6c30685664_b.jpg
[/URL] Foggy Sunrise by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
Bump ;)

CC is definitely welcome.
 
I've been watching this for 5 minutes now. The lighting is fantastic, simply astonishing. I've experienced something similar, but not like this! The perspective is killer, also. The mood is positively trollish.

That said, I felt there was something wrong. I kept looking at the "empty" space on the right. There's nothing to look at, except some straws. So I suggest a crop, which I thinks strengthens the composition.

7673069946_6c30685664_bedit.jpg
 
Very nice photo! Well seen and nicely captured.

I'd likely crop it as well, but not to that extreme. I'd put the rule of thirds lines at the top of the building and top of the grass/horizon, and include all the long grass foreground elements, which I think adds interest. Like this:

SunBarnCrop.jpg
 
Thank you binga63, compaq and buckster for the CC.

binga63, I understand what you are trying to say although I disagree. I think the sun is just as important in this image as the buildings and the wheat.

Compaq and Buckster, I have actually pondered that idea quite a bit and could not make a decision. I believe that both crops you have posted would work in their own right. The reason I left it as is was that I like the vastness and I felt it enhanced the mood of the image. Although I know it requires a bit more of a crop, but I'm not sure yet as to how much.

Thanks again the for CC, much appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom