Following the disaster in London . . .

etaf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think this is a very good idea and maybe we need some standard like SOS across the world

Following the disaster in London . . .

East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
Emergency ( ICE ) " campaign with the support of Falklands war hero
Simon Weston.

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone
address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would
want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able
to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact
them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do.

Please will you also email this to everybody in your address book, it
won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It
really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.
again my thoughts are with the friends and relatives who still do not know, about there loved ones, and some terrible scenes on the lunchtime news today.

Couldn't ICE also stand for that really cold stuff that water turns into.

I dunno, it sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me calling it ICE. People usually put in their 'home' number or 'mum' or something like that. If you really wanted to let people know you wanted them to contact someone you'd put in Next of Kin or something like that.

I've found a couple of mobile phones and I've just looked through the address book and called their 'home' number or whatever.

again my thoughts are with the friends and relatives who still do not know, about there loved ones, and some terrible scenes on the lunchtime news today.
Ok I don't wanna see insensitive here, or obnoxious or whatever, but by looking at some of their injuries, I really doubt a mobile phone would've survived some of those blasts. A wallet might be more likely to survive a blast that a tiny smashable phone.

But still I like the idea... but there might be better ways of making it happen.

exactly what Meysha said. in first place they will contact what you have under "home" "mum" or "honey". What's more many ppl in PL have their adress and contact number to home in their wallets so there aren't problems with notifying people. We were also taught in preliminary schools to have out blood group written in your wallet in case of emergency or blood transfusion.

I don't think it's a bad idea.

Tragedies like this often make people become a little more concious of how they might act in an emergency situation.

My parents got cell phones (if you know my parents, that is a paradigm shift in itself) after 9/11.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back