Food is on my mind - C&C

RinconPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have recently cooked some meals for the wife , Then I realized why not practice and take photos ... Hope you enjoy . I do want to say at the time I was taking the photos I wasnt thinking till after I ate that I should have gotten closer on the bottom 3 photos .....Please C&C .. I really need some pointers :thumbup:

fkz2at.jpg

Sausage & Meat Sauce

65cy7t.jpg

Spagetti & sausage/meat sauce , sprinkled parmesam/romano cheese & garlic bread sticks

95mpso.jpg

White Rice & Pinto Beans , Steak with Pepper & Onions , Brocolli and a slad with Italian Dressing .

2iqe1cg.jpg

My wife's Plate - White Rice & Bean Sauce , Steak with Mushrooms with Brocolli and a salad with Spicy Italian dressing

1zx9vkj.jpg

My plate - White Rice & Pinto beans , Porkchop & Asparagus - My wife's plate - Mash Potatoe with gravy , Porkchops & Asparagus

My biggest problem here is that the lighting is dull and yellow. In #1 I would like to see the closer rim of the pan more in focus. #3 is such a strange angle, it looks like the bowl is going to fall off the table. Was this intentional?

The final shot does not look carefully composed. Think about the relationship of subject to background to edge. Why is the table edge crooked? Why can I see the cabinets? Why is the right plate cropped?

Meanwhile, your wife is very lucky. Food looks delish!

I love how you spend so much time describing the food, and absolutely no info on what you're specifically unhappy with, or what look you were going for other than a snapshot.

Have you tried not shooting in auto?

Most reactions

Back