Football 2022

You got a lot of nice shots. You actually used the rain well in these, shows the atmosphere of the game. I'd usually be dealing with frozen water shooting hockey.

It might be worth shooting vertically sometimes. For example 'High Flying' freezes the action well but could have more field in the foreground so there's space for the players to 'move' into rather than that much of the bus (or the pole to the right) showing in the background.

'And then the rain came' is such a great shot of the player, I'd think about cropping the left side to eliminate that person who isn't adding to the photo and is making for a visual distraction. (To me it would make for a 'cleaner' shot since a solitary figure stands out more than a bunch of fans in the stands.) I learned to not necessarily center a player in the frame.

I like 'Pardon me, coming through' with the player looking right into your lens (love when that happens) and other players in the scene. I think it works having him centered because the surrounding players are at different heights and positions and make for nice balance in the image.

'I got this' could be better without the blue trash can and the edge of the scoreboard since the numbers are bright and noticeable. You know the sport and nail the moment of action, and it can help being aware of backgrounds and vantage points since even if objects are blurred they're still there and can make for visual distractions.

That last set is really nice. I like the one of the kicker just before he kicks the ball, great moment captured. And the last one with a player midair is another good shot frozen in time. You really nailed some nice action in that set.

Sorry to hear that AC, I guess it was better late in the season than being out of commission early on. Hope you heal up soon especially if you're doing other sports.

Sorry to hear that AC, I guess it was better late in the season than being out of commission early on. Hope you heal up soon especially if you're doing other sports.

I had to shoot the game anyway.
The student that was assigned to shoot the game had "problems."
The lens would not focus, but he never came to ask me for help. The AF/MF switch was set to MF (sigh)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back