? for Rebel XTi users with remote shutter release...

alabama1980

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a remote release for my XTi. I know that you have to change the shooting mode to the 10 sec. delay/remote setting for it to work, but is there a way to use the remote release without waiting ten seconds??

Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3 is the one i have....

That just seems kinda cheesy if ya cant...

A

No idea where you've got that notion from. I've got a 350D and have no problem taking shots using the same release on the single or multi-shot mode. No reason at all why you'd have to set it on the 10 sec delay to make it function.

I made my own release for my XTi. I don't know where you read the 10sec thing but thats untrue, unless it has something to do with that specific remote. When it's plugged in it should work just like the normal shutter button just on a cord. You just do everything as you normally would without it.

Chris is right. I own an XTi along with a RC-1 remote and setting the camera to the "Self-timer/remote control" mode lets me take pictures immediately by pressing the remote's button.

The camera will take a picture in 10 seconds if you push the shutter button on the camera body though...

I read Sim's post wrong. Anyway the rest of the info may be useful for you.

Just tested my camera again. My remote works in any shooting mode just like the normal shutter release does. In timer / remote mode it does wait 10sec to take a picture with remote or real shutter button which is useless with the remote. Also works 100% fine with mirror lockup.

I read Sim's post wrong. Anyway the rest of the info may be useful for you.

Just tested my camera again. My remote works in any shooting mode just like the normal shutter release does. In timer / remote mode it does wait 10sec to take a picture with remote or real shutter button which is useless with the remote. Also works 100% fine with mirror lockup.
I also made my own remote, and it works just like yours. I would imagine any remote (wire remote, at least) would function roughly the same. The remote just taps into the on-camera shutter release circuit, so there's no reason it wouldn't function just as the on-camera shutter release does.

To Sim: Your remote is wireless, which may function differently from the wired remotes, because it uses the infrared sensor rather than simply tapping into the shutter circuit.

Everyone is correct, you can use the remote in any mode, just like the button on the camera.

If you are using the self timer mode, you don't even need the remote. The idea being that you aren't touching the camera when it fires.

...and Lo, Mike spake up unto the masses and they did see that it was good. Thus it came to pass that all did buy the RS60-E3 and did forsake the shutter button from that day forth... :hail:

To Sim: Your remote is wireless, which may function differently from the wired remotes, because it uses the infrared sensor rather than simply tapping into the shutter circuit.

You're right. I mistakenly assumed the remote alabama1980 was talking about was wireless. Oops. :)

wow....apparently im nuts...

I swear I plugged it in when i first got it and it would fire the shutter except in the 10 sec mode.....just tried it again, and it works in any mode....

I was thinking the same thing as posted above....it would be pointless to even use if i could only use it with a 10 sec delay....lol.

anywho, problem solved, thank yall!

A

Most reactions

New Topics

Back