What's new

For the car lovers out there

G2Photo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
61
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, I am new to the forum so I thought I would share some pictures. I just recently got into photography, and being a car guy, I love taking photo's of custom vehicles. Before I became a paramedic, I built custom vehicles for about 7 years. Being that I work in an urban enviroment, most of my photography is centered around that. I hope you enjoy what I shared, and please, feel free to critique my work. I have dabbled in art for the last 16 years before I got into photography, so I am always open to hearing what you have to say. Thanks!
$Buick8 (1 of 1).webpView attachment 77896$LP720Remix (1 of 1).webpView attachment 77898View attachment 77899View attachment 77900$WhiteFord.webpView attachment 77902
 
Some of them have background issues.
 
Yeah, I am still learning my camera, so the backgrounds came out kind of funky. I just started shooting about 3 weeks ago so I am still trying to figure out how to get the background to come out clear along with the cars. Overall though I am happy with them. Any advice on how to fix it?? I don't use auto and shoot all in RAW.
 
Also, just due to positioning of the cars vs the light in the background I did add a gradient in LR. Probably not the best idea, but like I said, I am still learning. :D
 
What I meant is that there is clutter in the backgrounds. Other cars, buildings, etc. Shooting cars that are parked this closely will always give you that problem. The shots that are the most successful in this group are the ones where you moved in close enough to eliminate any background distractions. Shoot details in a venue such as this. You did. Do more of that.

It's not magic.
 
I thought you were talking about the actual lighting. I understand about getting closer. One of these was a cars and coffee at a local dealership and the other is at a 300 car parking lot that gets completely filled during the event. Getting shots is a little difficult at these. Believe me, if I had it my way, I would have cleared out everything around each car I shot. It is what it is though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom