Forbidden City HDR

How did you manage not to have any people in this shot? And how many exposures?

. I am going to be there next month , so am thinking all the people will be a challenge,but you seem to have avoided that issue.

Are those lines some sort of water mark? they certainly spoil the view.

How did you manage not to have any people in this shot? And how many exposures?

Ditto would like to know if this is a single shot or multi exposure

I'm pretty sure that's a watermark, considering at the center of the big "x" there is his name in a watermark.

Well done on the picture! Looks great!

How did you manage not to have any people in this shot?.........

Perhaps it was an exceedingly long exposure(s), and the people are there but they didn't 'register'.

How did you manage not to have any people in this shot?.........

Perhaps it was an exceedingly long exposure(s), and the people are there but they didn't 'register'.
Or, with enough identical exposures to work with, it would be fairly simple to clone the people out - and you have an image of the background in that area to replace it with. (Assuming that the people are moving, walking around, etc.)

Hi,
The shot was done with multiple exposures using a tripod to ensure they were identical, BUT that was only to achieve the HDR look. I use photomatix for my HDR. I actually was lucky enough that there were no people in the shot. I recommend going in the off season on a weekday to avoid having crazy numbers of people. Also the lines are a watermark ;)

I couldn't see his name this morning as the light in my office creates problems, but thanks for pointing that out.

I like the shot , however , I don't think i will be so lucky as I will be there on a weekend day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back