What's new

Ford Anglia Police Car

pauldcocker

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
Sheffield, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been looking for a new photography forum since the apparent 'decline' of DVDF, first post for critique so be gentle!


Saw this lovely car in Goathland, (Aidensfield) to people that watch Heartbeat (I don't) and thought I'd try an HDR treatment on it.



The Old and the New by PaulDCocker, on Flickr


Feedback, as always, welcome.
 
wow i cant believe a hundred something looks and no comments so i guess ill start, I think.....I like this one very much it has good composition and I think the way over saturation really works here. I see you haven't posted here much so I'm going to say, why? You have a good eye and you should get out there and shoot some more for us to enjoy.
 
You can't go by number of views. MOST of those are unregistered guests.

As far as the photo the colors and processing seem very off to me. I could be wrong. I have terrible eyes and a crappy work laptop.
 
I love it. It almost looks a little over-sharpened as well, which gives it that cartoon look, but I like it in this pic.
 
I like that it's overdone. Typically i gravitate towards realistic looking hdr's, but this is a case when you processed it perfectly. On a nitpick note, it seems it is slightly tilted (the right side of the frame being higher than the left). Nice job, and welcome to the forum!
 
Thanks all for your kind comments.

I agree the verticals are out and the more I look at it the more the range rover behind bugs me.

As a first attempt at HDR it was useful and in terms of texture I like the car but next time the composition and photo needs to be better if I am going to spend 2 hours processing it.

Thanks all.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom