Foreign Weather

Orius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My question is regarding weather and temperature conditions overseas in tandem with DSLRs (particularly the D80). I'm going to China this fall for an entire year so naturally I will be taking photos galore, but I'm curious about how the high level of pollution and humidity in China's huge cities would affect my camera?

Does anyone here have experienced advice regarding how to either protect your camera from damaging conditions, maintenance, or repair issues that crop up as a result of overseas weather? I currently live in West Coast Canada where the temperature is rather moderate, so I don't have to worry about humidity or condensation in my camera. While in Asia, there may be other concerns.

Don't worry about it, it will be fine, unless you do something bad like pack it back in your bag when it's soaking wet.

What about cleaning the interior of the camera? It was suggested to me recently that I should get it cleaned by a professional yearly, and it would cost me around $250. Is this REALLY necessary?

Most reactions

Back