Forever Hunting

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't think I ever see these guys not looking for food. Edit: I went back and applied a little NR.

202 OSPREY (2) F NR.jpg

Last edited:
I like the photo. It’s like he’s hesitating just before descending.

Bit like me, maybe that's why I'm a fat @%£*.

They are majestic tho.

It's neat when they hover before they drive into the water.

It's neat when they hover before they drive into the water.

Agree, and makes it easier to capture them as well. I tried to get a good shot of one diving the other day and that isn't easy. Here's the pic. It isn't the greatest but hopefully I'll get better at it.

073 osprey diving (2) f2.jpg

Beautiful pictures. Would you mind telling us your camera settings? I haven't had any luck getting pictures of birds in flight. They always turn out blurry and/or washed out.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

IMG_20180818_204325_302.jpg
IMG_20180818_213803_006.jpg
IMG_20180818_203635_936.jpg
IMG_20180818_213802_998.jpg
Kirk always posts great photos. I don't want to steal his thunder, but here are a few I took.

I do too. I thought it was 1 big fish until I looked at it on my PC.

Beautiful pictures. Would you mind telling us your camera settings? I haven't had any luck getting pictures of birds in flight. They always turn out blurry and/or washed out.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. I don't mind telling you but just to let you know for your future use, if you "right click" on a pic and "save as" you can then look at the "properties" and "details" to see the exif in the picture you saved.
My settings for the first picture were f/6.3, 1/16ooth, ISO 400, +0.3 step @ 400 mm. I should say I shoot manual with ISO set to AUTO. I normally shoot no less than ISO 1600 and somewhere between f/5.0 and f/8, depending on the ambient light. to help out a little more, I recommend to twist at the waist to follow birds and do a lot of practice staying locked onto them. I hope that helps with your pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back