What's new

Forgotten

misskitty5077

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I stumbled upon this beauty a couple weekends ago doing a shoot in an orchard.

C&C?

(Sorry it is so big...I can't resize it. The system I am working on will
not support any editing so I am at photobucket's mercy for a while)
IMG_1298.jpg
 
Is there a reason you chose to frame it this way, with so many branches in front of the truck? It's hard to see it, which could work in the sense that it looks like you've stumbled upon it (which you did) and that it's hiding in the brush. It looks like an interesting old truck and I'd like to see more of it.

40
 
There was a very modern truck I was avoiding over to the right and a house that didn't work with it in the background.

I am going to go back and shoot some more. I want to lay down on the ground and shoot up to avoid some of the limbs. I wanted to do it that day but it was in the teens and the ground was frozen solid and it was too cold to do it. I did some more shots kneeling and after I couple minutes my knees were numb. I was driving a vehicle other than mine or I could have thrown a blanket I keep in my trunk down.

I wanted to convey a sense of just stumbling upon it, too. I don't think this is working. Any way I shot it, there were branches all around it. I just couldn't avoid them so I tried to make them work for me but I think I missed it.
 
yeah i think it'd be more interesting without the braches covering the truck
 
So...the question is: is it OK to chop down a few trees in the middle of an orchard to gain a clear view of a forgotten truck? :lol:
 
I would try cropping about 1/5 off the top and 2/5 off the bottom, why IMO branch are too busy and bottom is die space, also I would try a B&W version
 
I would try cropping about 1/5 off the top and 2/5 off the bottom, why IMO branch are too busy and bottom is die space, also I would try a B&W version

I will do that!

I get my laptop back Wednesday and then I can work! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom