Formidable Hunters

neogfx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First, a bit of trivia.
The Alaskan Bald Eagle is the third biggest eagle in the world. It is bigger than the American Bald Eagle (sometimes called the Northern Bald Eagle and Southern Bald Eagle respectively), but this is the only difference. The Bald Eagles' main prey is fish.
Harris Hawks are the third most successful pack hunters in the world, behind Wild Dogs and Wolves. An amazing feat for a bird. One hawk will chase the quarry at a time until it tires, then another hawk will take over the pursuit. If the prey goes to ground in shrubbery, the smaller males will stalk through the undergrowth to scare the prey out to the waiting larger females. Harris Hawks live in groups, and there is only one breeding pair per group.

Anyway, all comments welcome.

Harris Hawk
IMG_0294HarrisHawk.jpg

IMG_0286HarrisHawk.jpg

European Eagle Owl
IMG_0224EuropeanEagleOwl.jpg

IMG_0330EuropeanEagleOwl.jpg

IMG_0326EuropeanEagleOwl.jpg

Other Owl Species
IMG_0234BarnOwl.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Black Tailed Kite
IMG_0012.jpg

Alaskan Bald Eagle
IMG_0030AlaskanBaldEagle.jpg

IMG_0397AlaskanBaldEagle.jpg

IMG_0393AlaskanBaldEagle.jpg

Peregrine Falcon
IMG_0163PeregrineFalcon.jpg

African White Necked Vulture
IMG_0104AfricanWhiteNeckedVulture.jpg

American Kestrel
IMG_0117AmericanKestrel.jpg

IMG_0122AmericanKestrel.jpg

IMG_0135AmericanKestrelcrop.jpg

IMG_0147AmericanKestrel.jpg

IMG_0149AmericanKestrel.jpg

Tawny Eagle
IMG_0341TawnyEagle.jpg

Thanks for looking.

#7 is my fave shot

where were these taken?

Digital Flower - None were shot through glass but there are caging in front of a few of the birds. I used a small DOF when taking them in order to blur the caging sufficiently to make it disappear. You can still see a hint of it in a few of the images though.

lostprophet - They were taken at a raptor centre close to where I live. IT is in Ringwood and is called Liberty's Raptor and Reptile Centre. Near the New Forest. Well worth a visit if you get the chance.

wow, always cool to learn about the subjects we take pictures of. So many great portrait shots.

Thanks very much. :)

#3 is my favorite by far. The color of his eyes are amazing!!!
#12 is great too. You can really see how massive they are and how long their wing span is.

Incredible Shots!

Thanks for the comments. It is a huge bird!
I'm very pleased with the vibrancy in the colour of the Eagle Owl's eyes. Wasn't sure how that would come out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back