Forrest Cabin

timethief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.x5.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

I have been going back on forth on this one. this is what i came up with in the end.

house_r.jpg

I really love the toning of this image - a lot, from highlights to the mid-tones to the deep shadows.

I personally never follow rules, but I can't but feel that the building is a bit too centered for me. Again, not because of some arbitrary rule, but because my instincts tell me that it might feel better a bit de-centered in both planes. My approach might be to use more of those gorgeous tree tops and less ground, but the opposite might work in your favor too.

Aside from this minor critique, I do like the image.

Marc

Last edited:
beautiful! looks like such a nice little area.
Thanks teneighty23. It is really very nice. i was passing through by car. Its in the middle of the forest on the side of the road.. Was irresistible so i stopped and took a couple.

I really love the toning of this image - a lot, from highlights to the mid-tones to the deep shadows.

I personally never follow rules, but I can't but feel that the building is a bit too centered for me. Again, not because of some arbitrary rule, but because my instincts tell me that it might feel better a bit de-centered in both planes. My approach might be to use more of those gorgeous tree tops and less ground, but the opposite might work in your favor too.
Aside from this minor critique, I do like the image.
Marc

I usually do not center images too. And not very much fan of strict rules. But i felt i wanted to put some distance to reach the cabin, so didnt crop the ground out. But my first instinct was to make it a tighter picture because the cabin is more rectangular than square. I might give it a try and post it to compare.
Thanks for taking time to comment Marc.

Sem.

Nice and interesting photo. The cabin really isn't centered too much from my perspective. Was this from infrared film or a conversion?
Thank you. Its a conversion RERE.

normally i would say yea, the cabin is int he middle of the picture, but because of the trees and the fact that its in black and white, helps create a warm feeling. i love how the trees look.

normally i would say yea, the cabin is int he middle of the picture, but because of the trees and the fact that its in black and white, helps create a warm feeling. i love how the trees look.

Thanks Kvas and welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back