Found a cool camera today

Any lenses?
I learned on an AE-1. Nice heavy camera. Loved it!
Mine developed a light leak on a chance of a lifetime cross country (Ohio to California) drive. Bryce Canyon, Rushmore, Devils Tower, Thermopolis, Badlands, Big Rock Candy Mountain....all photos (hundreds) ruined by orange lines running through them.

Any lenses?
Mine developed a light leak on a chance of a lifetime cross country (Ohio to California) drive. Bryce Canyon, Rushmore, Devils Tower, Thermopolis, Badlands, Big Rock Candy Mountain....all photos (hundreds) ruined by orange lines running through them.

Bummer. :thumbdown: :lol:

Any lenses?

Bet that was discouraging. Surprised you still buy Canons...

I see AE-1's on craigslist for like, 150 bucks... Finding one laying around is way better.

Bet that was discouraging. Surprised you still buy Canons...

I see AE-1's on craigslist for like, 150 bucks... Finding one laying around is way better.

Heh...it's a camera from the 70's...I bought it in the 90's for $75. Worked great for years. Light leak, year 2000. I still have it. I have tried to have it repaired twice, but nobody really listens to what I think is wrong, or how to correct it. Because, you know, what do I know? :roll:
I still have it.

I loved the old AE-1s and the A-1s ... as long as the leather bushings inside haven't dried out you will not get the dreaded "Canon wheeeeeeeeeeeze"

My dad has one in the basement that my grandfather used to use. It has a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens on it. Is it worth anything? I am not sure if he is planning to sell it, just asking. To bad that lens didn't mount to my XS.

You are progressing well in your development as a photogrpaher. You are already up around 70%.

stages2.jpg

^That's pretty funny... HDR hole, haha

Yeah, It'd take me a while to pinpoint me on that chart.

I had a tonne of fun for years with a Canon A-1, this one here [pictured] has been in the family since 1979. Still works great, although I haven't developed film out of it in a year or so.

sm_canon_a1.jpg

But I had a similar experience in that I was digging a month ago through some old boxes and found extra camera supplies (again, from around 1979) such as flashes, manuals, lens guides and 5 55mm filters! Bonus!

i love old cameras... unfortunately i have never had the pleasure of owning one. My parents had a few but they sold them, got stolen, lost somewhere in the house...

You should hold on to it, i wish my parents hadn't sold their old Nikon's and Leica

You may be able to take it into a camera place and they may have some stuff for it.... i know there's a camera place by me that has a bunch of old camera stuff

My dad has one in the basement that my grandfather used to use. It has a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens on it. Is it worth anything? I am not sure if he is planning to sell it, just asking. To bad that lens didn't mount to my XS.

Look for similar on ebay and see what you find. Unless you are strapped for cash the memories may be worth more, but you never know.

Most reactions

Back