Found a cool camera today

that's cool dude I have one from my dad and that's what I'm using in my photography class.

Press the film rewind button no matter what - it's worth trying, even if there have been leaks or the sort.

I recently (a couple of months ago) dug out my old AF35M II and XA.

Film always facinates, so do have fun with it. ;)

Bet that was discouraging. Surprised you still buy Canons...

I see AE-1's on craigslist for like, 150 bucks... Finding one laying around is way better.

Heh...it's a camera from the 70's...I bought it in the 90's for $75. Worked great for years. Light leak, year 2000. I still have it. I have tried to have it repaired twice, but nobody really listens to what I think is wrong, or how to correct it. Because, you know, what do I know? :roll:
I still have it.

What do you think is wrong with it?

Those are not old cameras, quite modern actually. I still have my Minolta SLR I bought in the 50s. Darling daughter spoiled the lens when she borrowed it for college. She is now middle age & the younger of our two children.

My Dad just found some old film cameras from the 50's, and a folding camera, from the 20's or 30's I believe. Talk about old!

I seen an old Canon AE-1 at the thrift store yesterday for 99 cents. Looked in good condition, had a lens on it and everything.

If you hear a sort of squealing noise when you fire the shutter, then it's likely the exposures will be unreliable. A "squeaky" shutter is common in AE1's that are left unused.

The shutter should just click.

I'll bring some batteries, and go Monday (they're closed tomorrow), and see if it's still there. If it is, I'll test it out and see how it sounds, and buy it if it still works.

My uncle was a photographer before he passed away well before I was born. We got all of his photo equipment. Several lenses, filters, etc. NONE of which I know how to use...

He had (has) an AE-1. My mom wanted to learn to shoot so my dad had it redone at a local camera shop. It's basically a brand new camera now.

If I ever want to learn film, it's right there waiting for me.:sexywink:

If you hear a sort of squealing noise when you fire the shutter, then it's likely the exposures will be unreliable. A "squeaky" shutter is common in AE1's that are left unused.

The shutter should just click.

I can tell you how to fix that.

You can get an FD to eos adapter to use the old film lenses on your dslr. They will e manual focus, and manual aperture control, but they work great. My buddy has one for his T2i, although he shoots mostly video..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back