What's new

Found a mini Statue of Liberty in Gothenburg / Sweden

BKSPicture

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 23, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
85
Location
Sverige
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit


Technical info
Camera: Nikon FE2
Lens: Nikkor 50mm f/1.2
Film: Rollie Retro 400s
Place: Gothenburg / Sweden


Image taken with Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.2
 
Looks like you are still fairly new here. So, welcome to the forum. :sillysmi:

It is interesting that you found a Statue of Liberty there... however, IMO the image is not. I think both subjects would need to be in focus here. Possibly shot from a different angle so you can see that it is the statue of liberty.
 
For a moment I thought she's giving the finger...

I disagree with photographiend. I think you should have used a larger aperture for a narrower depth of field to focus on the statue of liberty, with a tighter crop (move closer to the subject?).

BTW I have the same lens and used it on my F501 and F4s, but when I moved on to DSLR, I found it a little harder to manual focus... may be I didn't like the view finder as much. I got a AF-D F1.4 50mm instead. The F1.2 is quite an amazing lens.
 
im more distracted by the giant picture of the nikon lens. granted its a bit of a cult classic, but do you plan on paying tribute to it like that in every post? Or is it there for C&C viewing like the statue picture? Also, I agree with Molested_cow. might have been a little better stopped down a bit. just because you CAN shoot at f/1.2 doesn't mean you SHOULD. I do like it as a portrait though.
 
Looks like you are still fairly new here. So, welcome to the forum. :sillysmi:

It is interesting that you found a Statue of Liberty there... however, IMO the image is not. I think both subjects would need to be in focus here. Possibly shot from a different angle so you can see that it is the statue of liberty.

Thanks :)
I felt that the mini statue would blend in to the rest so I wanded the narrow pepth of field so it would be more vissible.
 
For a moment I thought she's giving the finger...

I disagree with photographiend. I think you should have used a larger aperture for a narrower depth of field to focus on the statue of liberty, with a tighter crop (move closer to the subject?).

BTW I have the same lens and used it on my F501 and F4s, but when I moved on to DSLR, I found it a little harder to manual focus... may be I didn't like the view finder as much. I got a AF-D F1.4 50mm instead. The F1.2 is quite an amazing lens.

I would get closer but that was not possible and I diden't have any other lens with me.
I have a Nikon F4 that I used with some MF lenses and I found the focus pip to be very accuret and sensetive.
Diden't have any problem with the focus but it was not as easy as a camera ment for MF lenses.
 
im more distracted by the giant picture of the nikon lens. granted its a bit of a cult classic, but do you plan on paying tribute to it like that in every post? Or is it there for C&C viewing like the statue picture? Also, I agree with Molested_cow. might have been a little better stopped down a bit. just because you CAN shoot at f/1.2 doesn't mean you SHOULD. I do like it as a portrait though.

Thought that it might be interesting to se the lens used in the shot but no I wanted to lens picture to be smaller but don't know how.
I very rarly shoot wide open and this picture is taken with f/2 if my memory don't fail me.
The 50mm f/1.2 have quite noticible vignetting wide open.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom