Help regarding my Nikon SLR camera lens

Alexberno12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Recently I have been experimenting on film and I am ready to buy an SLR camera. I have already on digital two lenses. One is Nikkor AF-S 55-200 mm1:4 5.6G and one is a Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm 1:1.8 D.

I want to know if these lenses are compatibile with any of these SLRs in the list bellow. Most importantly for the AF-S 55-200 I want to know if the autofocus is going to function properly. My eye sight is very bad and the only way I can get these cameras is second hand online without testing.

Here are the cameras available:
Nikon F601 Quartz Date
I checked and saw that this camera has an F mount system. In the very long list of F mount lenses I found my lens as well but I would like to get some confirmați before buying heheh.
Nikon N50
Nikon F55

Thanks for the help :)

The d, yes. The g, no.

The problem isn't the lens mount, it's the auto focusing system, if even equipped.

The d, yes. The g, no.

The problem isn't the lens mount, it's the auto focusing system, if even equipped.
I found a Nikon F90 today. It seems like it features internal focusing motor. Do you think this one will work with the G?

Quote Reply

I found a Nikon F90 today. It seems like it features internal focusing motor. Do you think this one will work with the G?

Quote Reply

From Wikipedia: Newer G lenses without aperture rings only fully function under shutter priority and program modes. It does work under manual or aperture priority, however only at the minimum aperture.[3]

Regardless, the ~$30 55-200mm lens you have is a DX only lens and won't work very well on your 35mm (FX).

From Wikipedia: Newer G lenses without aperture rings only fully function under shutter priority and program modes. It does work under manual or aperture priority, however only at the minimum aperture.[3]

Regardless, the ~$30 55-200mm lens you have is a DX only lens and won't work very well on your 35mm (FX).
Thanks a lot man.

Most reactions

Back