Found a spot I can get in close

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The tree branches are different here but the birds look pretty much the same as the ones I see others shoot here. :) I got here late but will try catch the whole show next Saturday.

Barn Owl
150215-6651-L.jpg

Red Tail Hawk
150215-6691-L.jpg

American Kestrel Falcon
150215-6729-L.jpg

Yeah that Red-Tailed is very dark, never seen one like that before. Love the Barn Owl, I'm hoping to find one to photograph this year

Actually the mouses worst nightmare is the barn owl. :)
150215-6667-L.jpg

Nice pictures. I am always a bit "torn" when I see these as I hate to see birds in captivity when they might be out in their real wild environment. I do understand that sometimes captive circumstances cannot be helped. Are these birds permanently captive, or are they eventually to be released? Just curious.

WesternGuy

Nice pictures. I am always a bit "torn" when I see these as I hate to see birds in captivity when they might be out in their real wild environment. I do understand that sometimes captive circumstances cannot be helped. Are these birds permanently captive, or are they eventually to be released? Just curious.
WesternGuy
I didn't get the whole story as I missed the first part of the event but I did hear him say that these Birds were in captivity for various reasons that prevented their release. Injuries, that sort of thing. Also once raised by humans I guess it's tough to survive on their own. I'll attend again next Saturday and I'll listen for this.

Rick, thanks for update on their situation. It is always nice to know that those that cannot be rehabbed are being well taken care of. There are similar facilities where I live and I know that sometimes they can be released back into the wild. It just depends on what has happened to them and how long it takes them to recover. I also know from a friend who works at one of these facilities that they try and keep their recovery conditions as close to the "wild" as possible - not always possible though, I know. Looking forward to hearing what you learn next time.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back