What's new

Found Snow instead of Fall....

LisaCadwell

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 7, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
7
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first time taking photos in the snow. Fun trying to keep the camera dry. Any advice?
Taken with Canon EOS XS 55-250mm F/5.6, ISO 200, 1/125



Taken with Canon EOS XS 55-250mm F/5.6, ISO 200, 1/320

 
NO! I refuse to go into winter. Not now, not ever. It is SO painful for me and I don't want to go there!!!
The rest of my family? IMpatiently awaiting snow... They have snowmobiles. It'll be a cold day in hell when you catch me out there!
 
NO! I refuse to go into winter. Not now, not ever. It is SO painful for me and I don't want to go there!!!
The rest of my family? IMpatiently awaiting snow... They have snowmobiles. It'll be a cold day in hell when you catch me out there!

I agree!! I went to the mountains with a fleece jacket on and found SNOW. The four letter word!!!! What happened to the changing of colors?
 
Well, I am about as far as I can get from you and be in the CONUS, so YOU keep it THERE.
 
Well, I am about as far as I can get from you and be in the CONUS, so YOU keep it THERE.

NY huh? Well I think you will be getting it way worse than I will. It usually only snows a couple of times a year at our elevation. And then it's melted before too long. OF course the freezing fog sucks!!!!!!
 
My first time taking photos in the snow. Fun trying to keep the camera dry. Any advice?
Taken with Canon EOS XS 55-250mm F/5.6, ISO 200, 1/125

NO! I refuse to go into winter. Not now, not ever. It is SO painful for me and I don't want to go there!!!
The rest of my family? IMpatiently awaiting snow... They have snowmobiles. It'll be a cold day in hell when you catch me out there!


:lmao: I agree with MLeek!
The first thing I thought when I read the thread title and then "any advice?" was YES, I have some advice--MOVE South!!
Seriously--if it EVER snowed HERE in OCTOBER, I'd simply pack up and move further south. I swear every year it's the last winter I'm gonna tolerate anyway, that I'm gonna move to the Caribbean and make a living selling photos to tourists.
I just hate the cold and snow so very, very much. Love the way the snow LOOKS, but I HATE the cold that comes with it. Hate is just not a strong enough word. I abhor it; I loathe it.

Can you tell I'm a born and bred Southerner?? :D
 
My first time taking photos in the snow. Fun trying to keep the camera dry. Any advice?
Taken with Canon EOS XS 55-250mm F/5.6, ISO 200, 1/125

NO! I refuse to go into winter. Not now, not ever. It is SO painful for me and I don't want to go there!!!
The rest of my family? IMpatiently awaiting snow... They have snowmobiles. It'll be a cold day in hell when you catch me out there!


:lmao: I agree with MLeek!
The first thing I thought when I read the thread title and then "any advice?" was YES, I have some advice--MOVE South!!
Seriously--if it EVER snowed HERE in OCTOBER, I'd simply pack up and move further south. I swear every year it's the last winter I'm gonna tolerate anyway, that I'm gonna move to the Caribbean and make a living selling photos to tourists.
I just hate the cold and snow so very, very much. Love the way the snow LOOKS, but I HATE the cold that comes with it. Hate is just not a strong enough word. I abhor it; I loathe it.

Can you tell I'm a born and bred Southerner?? :D

LMAO - I'm so glad that I can share the snow with all you haters of snow! So the advice that I was looking for though... 1) any good ways to keep the camera dry? And please don't tell me to keep it safely in the house! 2) how do you make the snow POP? I played with the shutter speed and got what looked like a blizzard. What are good settings???
 
Funny thing about that Sharon is that when I visit eastern TN I'm bummed if I don't see some snow. Granted its usually Nov/Dec but nothing looks better than snow covered mountains.
 
LisaCadwell said:
LMAO - I'm so glad that I can share the snow with all you haters of snow! So the advice that I was looking for though... 1) any good ways to keep the camera dry? And please don't tell me to keep it safely in the house! 2) how do you make the snow POP? I played with the shutter speed and got what looked like a blizzard. What are good settings???

I don't have any advice but had to respond, I honestly thought the snow comment was a joke. Looked like you just had a ton of noise in that first shot so I can see why you're looking for help on this one. That shot probably would have been ten times better if the snow was sharp.
 
take out the fenceposts, add a little sharpness and its a nice Xmas card

Chinook_Pass-40_1024x683_lllll.jpg
 
LisaCadwell said:
LMAO - I'm so glad that I can share the snow with all you haters of snow! So the advice that I was looking for though... 1) any good ways to keep the camera dry? And please don't tell me to keep it safely in the house! 2) how do you make the snow POP? I played with the shutter speed and got what looked like a blizzard. What are good settings???

I don't have any advice but had to respond, I honestly thought the snow comment was a joke. Looked like you just had a ton of noise in that first shot so I can see why you're looking for help on this one. That shot probably would have been ten times better if the snow was sharp.

Overall all - it is a joke. But as long as I took the pictures I might as well learn how to take it correctly the next time. Snow can be very pretty, especially when you catch the big fluffy flakes.

OK- make the snow Sharp - How so? Through editing or a setting?
 
Yeah, Yakima doesn't see snow like Post Falls. Lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom