Found some art.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woot! The snow is melting so I can finally get around the property a bit again :) Last night was pretty chilly and the river edge froze trapping some plant stocks underneath. It reminded me of bamboo so I gave it a little green to enhance that.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_5080-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Thanks John ;) I've been taking care of some medical stuff (starting to feel muuuuch better now ;) ) and wrangling those damn ducks!

Close ups are going around right now. I find what's lacking in the distance and angle of most of everyone's pictures is an explanation as to why you took the photo. It's important when it comes to how the picture speaks to the viewer or viewers. Again, VERY monotone. You could have subtracted and multiplied to show us that bamboo.

Thanks Annamaria :) Hopefully now that I'm not as housebound I will get more shots to share ;)
Sharon! Aw thank you so much!!

Sicboi, thanks for your thoughts. I don't necessarily think that monotone is a bad thing (although I think there is enough dynamic range in the image for my intention), I don't think that everything needs to be brilliantly blatant and "plastic" as so much of the modern processing makes things. I want the viewer to bring themselves to the image instead of hitting them over the head with it.

Close ups are going around right now. I find what's lacking in the distance and angle of most of everyone's pictures is an explanation as to why you took the photo. It's important when it comes to how the picture speaks to the viewer or viewers. Again, VERY monotone. You could have subtracted and multiplied to show us that bamboo.

Interesting. The monotone is one of the primary things about this photo that absolutely works for me. This would be very powerful as a large print, imo.
As for photos "lacking" an explanation of why a person took said photo, I disagree that it's that important. Sure, sometimes knowing that is an advantage, gives us a little interpretative help. But honestly, sometimes I don't WANT people to know why *I* took the photo--I want them to see what THEY see in the photo, not to simply understand what *I* saw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back