Found Some Cameras...

TheArthurBranch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone!

I've been fooling around with digital photography using just point-and-shoot cameras for a few years. It's been a win-some, loose-some sort of thing for me, and I definitely have no training of any kind.

Recently, though, I found two older cameras while helping my parents move that both seem pretty promising if i can get them to work. One is a Yashica Electro35 (that still had a mercury battery in it). The other is an Olympus is-3dlx (which might have an auto-focus problem).

Anyway, depending on how things go, I may be around here a lot!

Oh, and my handle has absolutely no meaning---it's just a few words that popped into my head. You can call me Greg.

the Olympus IS-3 DLX Is not a bad camera, It's a fixed lens SLR camera half way between P&S to SLR. It can act like both for the most part. It's basically the predicessor to todays superzoom P&S cameras.

Some of the upsides are they have been known to last for long service periods, uses a fairly common filter diameter (55mm), full manual shooting modes and a deisent sharp lens

Some of the down sides are not enough lens attachments, plastic construction, and a slow lens at f/4.5 - 5.6.

As far as the AF on it goes there is only one way to find out, It should have manual focus so a lacking AF is not going to kill this camera. This should be a competent camera to get you into SLR photography, but you will likely out grow it in a hurry.

Hi Greg, welcome aboard.

Hiya Greg, and welcome to TPF!

th_a1-welcome.gif

Most reactions

Back