Framed | Behind the Scenes | Upcoming Gallery

Same guide. You have to mount your photos on something stiff, like masonite or foam core, and you might want to add glass to the front to prevent damage to the photo.

Jim

Same guide. You have to mount your photos on something stiff, like masonite or foam core, and you might want to add glass to the front to prevent damage to the photo.

Jim

Or some cardboard. I had 25 24"x36" shipped from Amazon for less than $30 [emoji106][emoji106]

I would have to put in a parking lot if I decided to build my own frames :( Long story.

Anyhow, congrats on the gallery. I'm working on opening a small showroom my self.

I would have to put in a parking lot if I decided to build my own frames :( Long story.

Anyhow, congrats on the gallery. I'm working on opening a small showroom my self.

A parking lot? Do you show cars?

A parking lot? Do you show cars?

It has to do with the City and their zoning. There is a mathematical formula for parking and each code entered tells the city which variables. The area was originally used for stuff like electricians and plumbers etc. These small businesses was ran mostly by individual owners who needed the warehouse space but not the parking space. So most of the buildings only have 3-4 parking spots. Well, the area has since been resigned into an arts area. The problem is, the city still uses the same parking math for this area as they would any other area.

Example:

Showroom/Office = 2 on sight parking spots

Photography studio = 14 on sight parking spots

My Certificate of Occupancy states showroom/Office. I would need to change my CO to a photography studio if I had large printers or manufacture frames etc. My building only has 3-4 possible parking spaces...more than enough for my needs but not enough to satisfy the requirements for anything else. Crazy uh? Trust me when I say things got very heated down at City Hall with me trying to explain the difference between a landscape and studio photographers. They actually called me a lier to my face when i told them I wasn't going to use the place as a studio. It gets my blood boiling again just thinking about it lol

Most reactions

Back