Framed | Behind the Scenes | Upcoming Gallery

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the process of sanding and painting the frames for my upcoming gallery showing, and decided to document some of the behind-the-scenes work. Just loved the way this looked in black and white.

Nikon D800
Nikon 85mm 1.8G
Natural light

Framed by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Last edited:
On a completely unrelated note: Are Festool products really worth the price compared to say Milwaukee?

On a completely unrelated note: Are Festool products really worth the price compared to say Milwaukee?

Completely? I'm not sure. I mean, they're amazing tools, work incredibly well, but I don't know if they are TRULY worth the price difference. That being said, who knows how long it'll last. If I kill three Milwaukee's in the time I have one Festool, then obviously it's worth it. My dad really wants the circular saw with the guide and all that for cutting sheets of plywood and such on the go, but it's prohibitively expensive.

Jake

Edit: and I should add that my father and I both suffer from the same problem. We have the "yes I'll take the fancy more expensive version cause why not?" Syndrome..." Haha.

I've never owned any Festool, but my experience is that some specific items within a brand are outstanding while others of the same brand are not worth spit.

Take the case of sanders. I own a Makita which is an excellent tool, and my Makita impact driver is surpassing my expectations in power and longevity.

I'm thinking that shot would look nice in a frame :encouragement:

seems like a father son moment doing all those frames. And with the showing coming up good memories. Enjoy it, and time with your Dad if he is still helping you with your frames. If you don't sell them all, well fruck em! lol
soak up the memories...

is wondering where this gallery is......

I use power tools every day and Festool are way over priced the planner is rubbish not wide enough got rid of mine and the router would never pay the price they want for plunge saw and guide

is wondering where this gallery is......

In Norwich CT.
too far for me to drive...if you were a little closer I might consider it . CT had more money than maine, you can charge more there. lol.

Don't worry, I plan to make a blog post of the images as well as some BTS stuff and some shots of the gallery itself after the fact for those who couldn't make it. I'll have a post up this weekend or next week [emoji106]. And true, there's a lot more money in CT than in Maine.

Jake

Any tips on making your own frames? I've been looking to do that lately, but am lacking any sort of power tools (they're all about 6 hours away since I've moved).

Without power tools? Not really... We used a chop-box, router, table saw, sander, finish nailer, and a few odds and ends...

Most reactions

Back