Frames around online photos?

hippyatheart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How are you guys putting frames around your photos and adding a watermark? Are you using photoshop or some other program? Do you have to recreate the frames every time or do you have a blank template that you are using?

I physically know how to create a border in ps, I am just wondering how everyone does their borders while being consistant. It seems like some use a template with their borders and watermarks since the frames look consistant in all their photos.

I do it in PS and I just adjust the canvas size and choose either black or white as the color. Then put my water mark on it.

So do you create your watermark as a seperate file and paste it on your photo?

in photoshop you can make "actions" So you record what you do 1 time and then you can run it on other photo's too. So you just open a pic, do your post proces (if you want) and play the action. You can also use this in a batch, let the action run on multiple pics.

So do you create your watermark as a seperate file and paste it on your photo?
I just type it on. One day I will make a action for it. I did have a watermark saved as a brush but I don't care for it so I need to redo it. It is much faster as a brush.

For photoshop Elements 4 I made a brush for my water mark, here is how i did it
  1. Choose a pattern or font for your new brush
  2. Use the Rectangular Marquee tool to select your design
  3. Choose Edit from the top tool bar, and then click define brush
  4. Choose a name for your brush
  5. The new brush will be at the bottom of the brush list ready to use.
Now for frames, I havent figured an easy way to do that yet, at the moment I open a blank file 1 inch bigger all the way around than my original photo and then paste that photo on and add different layers to create my boarders so if anyone has a better way-please post it as I would love an easy way :)

I myself frame each and every of my pictures individually and place individual watermarks on them, too.
I do it in my old Photoshop 6.0 version.
No templates.
The brush-thing sounds intersting. I should try that!

Im so glad I learnt about the brush, previously I had my watermark saved in a separate file and had to open it and resize it every single time I was going to use it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back