Framing Photos C&C

Rockern1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

Well since I failed miserably in my last Photoshop attempt I decided to take it slow. Today I checked out how to frame Photos and this is what i made please tell me your thoughts about it please.:D

IMG_4550.jpg

If you do a "stroke" blending between the image and the mat, adjust it to about a 5 pixel and grey color "inside" or "center" then do a drop shadow between the mat and the frame it will look more like what you're going after. This looks like the image is floating above a frame. Nice image though.
This is assuming you wanted this type of effect:
IMGP1226WEB.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind framing like this, but the shadow is bad.
If it were matted, you could have a very small shadow on the image from the matte.
The hovering image is "odd". It also makes the image look off center in the frame.

I like the image, but I do not like the frame - remember, it is just my opinion.

Black is a good color for the frame, maybe remove the white, shade it with gray and move the black frame up against the photo.???

Because of the drop shadow it looks like the image is closer to the viewer than the frame is.

Instead of a drop shadow you should have a inner shadow just inside the black frame.

You can also make a beveled mat or double mat for the image using the Bevel/Emboss layer style on a very thin canvas. (I use the "Relative" option in the Canvas size dialog box.) (An outside Stroke leaves rounded corners.)

Here is a double mat and I also used Bevel/Emboss on the brown frame. Notice the inner shadow just inside the left frame arm. I had the light here at about 160°.

2-22-2010D90Misc_0007.jpg

thanks guys good info ill try your suggestions:drool:

Most reactions

Back