Frankentruck

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found this gem while we were out and about, we stopped and I took a bunch of shots. I just processed the one for now and would love to hear your thoughts to carry forward when I process the rest tonight :)

Thanks for taking a look!

Love the truck. Hate the background. Probably not much choice in the matter though.
On a technical note, I think you missed focus but were saved by f/10. The truck seems a touch soft to my eyes.

Love the truck. Hate the background. Probably not much choice in the matter though.
On a technical note, I think you missed focus but were saved by f/10. The truck seems a touch soft to my eyes.

Thanks Sleist, I actually was fortunate enough to get it against other backgrounds ;) there is another that is much simpler and is my favourite, I'll be working on that one later ;)
As for the softness, ugh ok, I'm getting used to bifocals (gawd I feel old!) and I'm having a hard time seeing, I will take a look later when I have no plastic on my eyeballs.

Thanks Sleist, I actually was fortunate enough to get it against other backgrounds ;) there is another that is much simpler and is my favourite, I'll be working on that one later ;)
As for the softness, ugh ok, I'm getting used to bifocals (gawd I feel old!) and I'm having a hard time seeing, I will take a look later when I have no plastic on my eyeballs.

To my equally challenged eyeballs, it looks like the focus lies slightly behind the headlight on the left side. I suspect you focused on or just above the firewall at the base of the windshield.
Due to the angle of the truck, the headlight closest to the viewer is soft. Glad you got more views. Cool find.

Ah perfect, thanks for explaining where the issue is, I believe you are correct on my focus point. I will watch for the same issue in the other shots.

Nice truck. It looks like it was put together by a committee and then abandoned in disgust. :lol:

WesternGuy

Haha! True! Thanks Western :)

Great truck. You should give HDR a go with this thing.

By the way, I feel your pain regarding the fading eyesight. Oh, how I took perfect vision for granted when I was younger.

Thanks Timothy! I absolutely agree about HDR/tone mapping (only single exposures) I haven't tried it yet and this truck is the perfect candidate. I'm totally going to play tomorrow !

I've always worn glasses for distance but close up has always been great, this has been a very frustrating process, I swear I see worse now than before the glasses/contacts for close.

Most reactions

Back