Frank's daily photo 2017

It is very interesting. DOF, mechanical feel to it. It also has a feel of sorrow, like summer is over.

Something dirty in the light, like vomit or mud, yes

.double spread.

26 01 02017

To me double tree trunks sometimes look like legs. I took this because two double trunks, one behind the other, seem quite unusual to me.

technical: D500 & 1.4/24 @f/1.4
annotation: I might have closed the aperture a bit more

smallKC1_4247_00001_.JPG

27 01 02017

German architecture of the 1950ies is unloved, mostly unprotected, build with very bad material and therefore replaced without further consideration. I try to fixate some typical examples with my cameras before they disappear completely. I chose this picture for today because the window decoration seems to be a hint that someone is living here since the house was built!

technical: D500 & Neo-Noct @f/1.4

smallKC1_4422_00001_.JPG

How many pictures do you take in a day? As I often see that you have to choose. And in that set of pictures, do you also have some that are totally rubbish?

I take between 0 and several hundred per day, depending on how much time I have for photos. I have my work and my children my friends and my wife not in that order.

Yes I have to delete pictures. Somtimes I have to delete a lot of pictures because they came out very differently from what I planned. For example I shoot a lot at f/1.4 meaning serious over exposure when the sun comes out. I wish for a D850/D900 with native ISO 25 to 25.000.

Last edited:
The old customs station, where the rulers pressed the money from people passing Bonn with their ships has been renovated for years. currently we are allowed to enter the place partly. Two pictures: A cannon and...
smallKC1_4616_00001_.JPG

...one of the Nazi-predecessor-thinkers Ernst Moritz Arndt "The god that let iron grow did not want slaves."
He was just rewarded for his anti-French anti-Jewish words with losing patronship for the Greifswald University. Quote from their Home Page:

"The University of Greifswald Sheds the Name Ernst Moritz Arndt
The German name for the University of Greifswald will no longer include Ernst Moritz Arndt. From now on, the German name for the University will be Universität Greifswald. During the Academic Senate’s session on the 18th January 2017 24 senators voted to drop the name, 11 voted to keep the name. There was one abstention. The two-thirds majority needed to change the name of the University, as stipulated by the Basic Regulations, was thus attained.

The change to the name of the University will be official after Mecklenburg-Vorpommern’s Ministry of Education has agreed to the change of the University’s Basic Regulations. The Landeshochschulgesetz M-V (State Higher Education Law) states in § 1 Sub-Section 3 that the name of each of the universities has to be stipulated in their respective basic regulations.

“As Rector of this university, I accept the decision made by the Senate. I would hope that the members of the University who were hoping for a different outcome will also respect the decision which was made by the majority of the body that is responsible for such decisions and which is elected democratically. Above all, I would hope that the dispute concerning the name will not lead to persistent conflicts inside the University,” said Rector Prof. Dr. Johanna Weber after the decision was made by the"

smallKC1_4648_00001_.JPG

Last edited:
This building resembles very much the Sep Ruf HiCoG settlement featured earlier:
smallKC1_4550_00001_.JPG

smallKC1_4552_00002_.JPG

smallKC1_4559_00001_.JPG

Last edited:
Someonme stole the Joseph from our fountain, just because it was made of metal. Now we had to collect 20.000 Euros just to have a replacement made of stone. Metal thieves are a major plague all over the planet. People who do not respect the public good at all.
smallKC1_4495_00001_.JPG

on the left cheap architectutre the rich and stupid, on the right the Bonn Opera
smallKC1_4580_00001_.JPG

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back