frazzled

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Well look, I have internet again. :er:

Okay, I need to vent for a second.

On Saturday I agreed to work on the computer of a guy I know, no charge. Well it's still here, and last night because of this highly screwed-up machine of his, my entire network got a LARGE host of viruses, spyware, adware, worms, AND trojan horses, despite all my security and protection. On my machine it got so bad that I was up until 3am this morning formatting and reinstalling Windows. :grumpy: Now I have homework due by noon...a LOT of homework, and it's all for my computer security class (oh the irony), and I have no idea if I'm going to have time to get it done. I think I would much rather crawl under a rock and cry, or possibly hit myself in the face with a sledgehammer.

I'm not having a good day :grumpy:

Thanks, I'm done now

I have a friend with a computer like that. I don't even know how he uses it.

Last time I cleaned he had something 250+spyware on it, and the thing to 3 hours to defrag.

He's running a P4 2.6ghz too, so there's no way it should've taken that long.

I need to back up all his files before I format though.

:hugs:

:hug::

:hugs:

and a biggo head rub to go with it!

Speaking of computers, you get yours working yet photogal?

Ah, the magic of portable HDs...when I'm working on a comp like that, I use a USB drive to install System Mechanic, back up their files on the drive, and then scan to make sure they're healthy. Reformat, scan again. Then, and only then connect it to your network ;)

Sorry to hear about that, hope this doesn't mean you won't be on chat! :lol: (I'll refrain from hugging you. Anicole did it thrice, and I think that's enough :greenpbl: )

clarinetJWD said:
:lol: (I'll refrain from hugging you. Anicole did it thrice, and I think that's enough :greenpbl: )

you can never, ever, EVER have too many, dude! Where ARE your southern roots?!?

Here's a couple for you, too .... and another couple for Verbs ...

:hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs:
:hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs: :hug:: :hugs:

Thanks everyone... my computer is up and running again obviously, with all my 4,400 songs restored, and I got to keep all my photos and movies as well. I lost all my games though, but oh well...probably for the best, lol.

:hugs: y'all are great

Verbal said:
Thanks everyone... my computer is up and running again obviously, with all my 4,400 songs restored, and I got to keep all my photos and movies as well. I lost all my games though, but oh well...probably for the best, lol.

:hugs: y'all are great

That's good news Verbage Darling!! :thumbup: :hugs:

Oh man, I feel SO much better right now! My computer is almost completely configured as I like it, everything is fresh and sparkley clean, I've got Paul Simon playing loudly, and I never realized how much I LOVE him, and Lady Smith Black Mambazo!!! It's fabulous. AND, I just cleaned my room pretty thoroughly and switched office chairs...no more back ache!!! Oh, and I got my homework done and turned in.

Today might be alright after all!

:thumbup: good good im soo tired after 4 mile cross country and basketball match vs national finalists...

Verbal said:
AND, I just cleaned my room pretty thoroughly

Come on down, Verbie ... I've got a living room and kitchen you can get some of all that young energy out by cleaning! I'll feed ya if you'll clean!

I cleaned my boss's (Rob help me here), bosses, boss' (???) computer... he had 130 spyware, 25 trojans... and many more...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back