FREE: NIKON D5000

jimw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a brand new Nikon D5000 that was bought for $800 or so and Id like to give it away to the right person for free. Im dying of cancer with less than a few months to live so I have no use for money at the moment and the rest of my family is already very well off.

I would like to give it away to someone who will treat it well and someone who will enjoy using it.

Reply if you're interested and we can talk

Just wanted to post and say I've added you to my prayers hope that is ok. I'm pretty new around here but just wanted to perhaps say hello :)

I would suggest you give it to a local school or some organization for disadvantaged children rather than search out some unknown person who is already involved in photography.

First I want to say don't give up hope. Doctors do their best but they're not always spot-on. As a Cancer survivor I know a little, my prayers go out to you as well.

I also think that perhaps your local school or organization will make best use of your camera if you feel the need to part with it.

Youre right Ill probably just give it to the school and let them put some good use to it.

Or maybe I could give it to a crack cocaine dealer....He might be able to hook me up if I tell him how much it is worth.

I always said that if I was going to die I would go on a super big drug binge

If I were you, Jim... I'd go with your second insight... sell it for drugs and go out with a bang. Hell, throw a prostitute in there and you're good to go.

I'd like to add that I'm sincerely sorry that you're not getting the attention you need in real life.

...Oh, and that I see the sick and dying every day I go to work... and that I feel confident in saying that you're full of ****.

If your story is true and you're not trolling, I would suggest NOT giving it to some stranger from the internet. People suck and you might find it being sold a few weeks later so they can fund something else.

Also I would consider holding onto it a while longer. Yes it's just a hunk of plastic but sometimes things help anchor us when we really need it.

If you do wind up giving it away, I would call up some schools and talk to them about donating it to one of their photography classes.

i have to admit when i was first reading this i was instantly going to say i need. but i dont wanna be that guy. i recently decided to take photagraphy as a career and see where it brings me. im taking as pictures as i can to make me stand out in this upcoming "national portfolio day: in dallas so that i can get into a colledge or school. the story of you having cancer well brought me to tears. i had a family member with breast cancer thank god she 's ok. all i can say is this, you have my prayers tonight. and that you have the choice to belieive me or not. you can give me the cam or donate to a school. either way im fine with it. i wish you peace love unity and respect throughout the rest of days. and that no matter what, you are always loved by anyone, even if there a stranger or not

10061082.jpg

Screw it, I'll bite. I'm a firefighter who wants to get into photography and don't even own a camera other than the one on my cell phone. If it's still available I'd love to have it. Let me know.

---Chris

Most reactions

Back