free programmes

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
thought id start this thread as could be useful to me and others.

do you know of any free progs to download

mine offerings are............

picassa

irfanview

Firefox... it has a spell checker built into it... you might give it a try...

Firefox... it has a spell checker built into it... you might give it a try...
Well if were gonna name great programs like firefox. here's a list of the best anti spyware programs on the freeware market.

Hijack this
CC Cleaner
Avg anti virus
Ad aware se personal
Spybot Search & destroy

Oh and everyone should have this one
Mcgaffee Site advisor.

Well if were gonna name great programs like firefox. here's a list of the best anti spyware programs on the freeware market.

Hijack this
CC Cleaner
Avg anti virus
Ad aware se personal
Spybot Search & destroy

Oh and everyone should have this one
Mcgaffee Site advisor.

I'll recommend AGAINST any product made my mcaffee or however they spell their name. They are the worst company in the world basically.

If there isn't a free alternative, you don't need it.

Free programs, huh?

FDRTools (like photomatix for HDRs)
Autostitch (For making panoramas)
Flickr Uploader (For uploading to flickr. Can also put it as an action in your lightroom export)

I'll recommend AGAINST any product made my mcaffee or however they spell their name. They are the worst company in the world basically.
I agree with you Mcgafee is horrible. But site adviser is free all it does is tells you when you do a google search which sites is safe to go on and which have spyware,Trojans ,ect ect. I use this program on all my customers cpu's along with all the ones I listed above. In 3 years not one of my customers have had a problem again.

McAffee products in general are space and CPU hogs, but the only one I would recommend is their Antivirus Corporate version. Superior to about any other AV out there. Small, light, fast and effective.

As far as free apps, who would not want a good EXIF viewer?:

http://home.pacbell.net/michal_k/exif_v.html

My fav so far is KUSO. Ties in to IE and I can right click and see the EXIF of any pic on a site that I am visiting, if it has one:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/KUSO-Exif-Viewer.shtml

There are many others like INFRANVIEW as well.

A google will net you at least 20 more.

Most reactions

Back