Freelensing again...

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes I get bored and play with my lens hanging off the camera. If you've never tried, unmount your lens, hold it up to the camera's mount and tilt it a little bit. Works best with focus set to infinity. You can get some cool bellows/tilt shift effects doing this. There's a small chance you could introduce dust behind your shutter but that's gonna happen anyway - live a little.

Here's a few I snapped and converted to grayscale. Nothing really great here, but I thought I'd share something a little bit different. Did these with a 50mm f/1.8, aperture unforced - so wide open.
No real editing done on any of them, except some dodging on my daughter's face in the first.
Her arm is half-tucked in her shirt, not mutated or anything :p

tW4t1.jpg

PdOsB.jpg

Weird plane of focus is very evident on this one..
J15cQ.jpg

N1RPG.jpg

4yIjm.jpg

Thanks for looking!

second to last just freaked me out!
very cute lil girl, but the photo is scary! Cool idea.

@ Tulsa, yeah that one came out pretty odd.

Thanks for the comments you two.

I really think this style combined with the contrasty black and white editing would be great for some abandoned locations, street shots - not sure what else. I'll have to remember to try it more often.

The next to last one is fantastic! =D Awesome idea! I'll get my Konica dusty and see what I come up with! Thanks for the great idea!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back