Freeway Lights

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went looking for good spots to take pictures of freeways last night, however it started to rain right away so i only was able to take 3 shots, this was my favorite. What do you think.

2098167751_05f209ac54_o.jpg

Was it windy, too? At f22 I would have expected the photo to be in focus from foreground to background, but if there was wind going, than exposing for 30 seconds may well lead to mild shake, even with a tripod!

That is ONE multi-lane highway!!! Whoa!

No it wasn't too windy, but the tripod was on a sidewalk right next to a road, i think the wind from the cars passing by may have shaken the tripod quite a bit, and it was raining so i was trying to hold my jacket ver the camera, i may have bumped the tripod a little or something. There were a few factors that may have led to the out of focus picture.

Neat picture.
I've been wanting to take some shots like this myself.

n00bish question here. How do you take shots like that? Does it have to be a special camera?

Well, special in the sense that you need to be able to adjust the shutter speed...
to something REALLY slow.

Here are the other two pictures from last night, i don't like them as much but i guess i'll post them anyways.

2098180157_833137eb54_o.jpg

2098167549_a3c8dffd4d_o.jpg

these are good not too bad, just need to get the tripod shake down and your good to go !!

takes practice.

Is this anywhere near anaheim hills ? lakeview? just curious looks like an bridge I know well.

these are good not too bad, just need to get the tripod shake down and your good to go !!

takes practice.

Is this anywhere near anaheim hills ? lakeview? just curious looks like an bridge I know well.

no these are in irvine, off sand canyon off the 5 freeway
surprising that they aren't from anaheim hills cause thats where all my friends live and i go to school down there so i'm over there quite a bit. Needed a change from that place.

Here are the other two pictures from last night, i don't like them as much but i guess i'll post them anyways.

I actually like the third one the best. It seems cleaner and more streamlined to me.

The second has the least bit of blurriness, and I like the indicator lights that can be seen (accessing driver and one changing lanes) - funny additional aspect :D. And the blown on-coming traffic headlights only occupy one little corner.

Most reactions

Back