What's new

Friday afternoon camera

davholla1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
2,159
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I buy a Canon R7 - and you buy one are they all the same?
I.e is there such a thing as Friday afternoon camera
Here is the definition of Friday afternoon car (this was true in the past not now I think)



www.phrases.org.uk

Friday Afternoon Car - Meaning & Origin Of The Phrase​

What's the meaning and origin of the phrase 'Friday afternoon car'?
www.phrases.org.uk
www.phrases.org.uk
This is a British phrase and alludes to the belief that car workers lose interest toward the end of the week and make cars which are below standard. The first reference I can find to it is in the Usenet group ‘net.auto’, from August 18th 1983 ( at 5:54 pm if you want to be precise):


“Regarding the British car which leaked more oil … Some of my (British) friends would say you have a “Friday afternoon car” – one built on the last day when everyone’s in a hurry to go home.”
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom