Friend's Band's gig from last night (C&C)

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went to take some photos of my friend's new band. It was open mic and this time they were definitely the best band there (their levels were off the first few times and they kinda sounded weird because it it).

The lead singer who also the guitarist. He was the easiest to shoot because he stood in the spot light. And he's got lots of stage presence.
FJJCV.jpg

Old roommate, also bass player. Had a hard time shooting him because he was outside lights. Had to lighten him up in Photoshop a bit. Still don't think it is as strong as the first pic.
nC1fF.jpg

ywBxN.jpg

I like the fact that these photos look like im there. If i may ask what were your settings because i feel with your white balance in Kelvin and your iso at maybe 800 - 1250 the pics would have come out alittle brighter and richer for what you may have been looking for. love the last photo but that mic takes away alittle because we cant see his expression which tells the story the most.

Yeah I agree about the mic. And I totally forgot about the settings. I'm using a D80. I changed the ISOs from time to time, but it was all under 800 (because it is the D80). I think most of these were at ISO 500. 125-160 shutter speed. And I think the colour temperature was set to around 2850-3100K. And I shot with Nikon AF-Nikkor 50mm f1.4.

ok cool yea you can still get some awesome shots out of the d80 ive seen some crazy concert photography with a d80 that looked like a bad picture taken with a d3s. definitely play with the kelvin i usually shoot high 5000K to 6000k because it generally saves skin tone and preserves the light coloring alittle better. but overall still great shots!

Most reactions

Back