Frogs

el_shorty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photos at the National Aquarium in Baltimore and the National Zoo in Washington DC, except for the last two, those are my pets.

1. Golden Mantella (Mantella aurantiaca)
goldenmantellamantellaaka2.jpg

2. Malagasy Mantella (Mantella baroni)
malagasymantellamantellue5.jpg

3. Vietnamese Moss Frog (Theloderma corticale)
vietnamesemossfrogthelovn6.jpg

4. Fire-bellied Toad (Bombina orientalis)
Although its common name is 'toad', the Fire-Bellied Toad is not a member of the toad family (Bufonidae)- so it may properly also be called a frog.
firebelliedtoadbombinaoxp6.jpg

5. Fire-bellied Toad (Bombina orientalis)
firebelliedtoadbombinaohj6.jpg

6. Dyeing Poison Dart Frog (Dendrobates tinctorius)
dyeingpoisondartfrogdendb5.jpg

7. Dyeing Poison Dart Frog (Dendrobates tinctorius)
dyeingpoisondartfrogdenlw5.jpg

8. Blue Poison Dart Frog (Dendrobates azureus)
bluepoisondartfrogdendrgl4.jpg

9. Red-Eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidryas)
redeyedtreefrogsagalychlp2.jpg

10. Translucent Reed Frog (Hyperolius pusillus)
translucentreedfroghypedn0.jpg

Really nice, i would be proud to have taken any one of them. I would have liked a little more dof in the first two but the first firebellies are really nice, just the right amount and the red eyed is superbe.
Nice work

tim

Really nice, i would be proud to have taken any one of them. I would have liked a little more dof in the first two but the first firebellies are really nice, just the right amount and the red eyed is superbe.
Nice work

tim

Thanks, I tried to get more dof in the first two, but the frogs were so small, about 3/4", I think I shot at f11.

great series. i especially enjoy 1, 5, 8, 9 for the colors, comp, DOF, etc... :thumbup:

very nice but #9 really stands out for me

Amazing colour and the transparent frog is very cool!

For these I had to call my daughter over to come look at them, too, for I knew she would like them, too. And she did.

We both liked Photos 1, 8 and 9 particularly, and she laughed about the Vietnamese Moss Frog, saying that one was "cute" (!), too.

Nice! Number 8 really sticks out for me.. love the composition and the blue colour! It looks like its thinking "yeah, come any closer and ill av ya!" hehehe

No.9!

The pose and colours are great, and the cheeky smile and highlight in his/her eye help as well.

i'd agree with the comments about too narrow a dof:
f11... i'd never have guessed - i've never tried macro photography however

fantastic series - but what was no.10 eating beforehand?

AWESOME shots! They're usually behind very dirty glass at the local zoo, so my efforts to get nice colourful shots like these are mainly unsuccessful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back