From Earth to space

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I was robbed of contrast though from the sun in the window. But still interesting

IMG_0242small.jpg

Oh yes! VERY interesting. Wonderful to get the view from earth (bottom) to the almost black sky (top). How fascinating. And how did you get rid of the scratches and bright lights? You manipulated the sky just this little, or did you not??? You could look extremely far, which may also be reason enough for the ground looking closer than it really was :scratch:

I'm fascinated...

thank you.

It was pretty clear out, we were about 6 miles up. I am guessing you could see across the horizon just about 75 - 100 miles. I just brought in the levels to match what I saw in person. when you shoot wider you get a wider gamut of color separation , usually I shoot with a 50mm through these little windows, but this time I had a 17-50. For the scratches I focused on the far clouds, basically focusing through them.

This was out of gb airport in texas towards phoenix, I believe this to be near the town of sweetwater

thats a gorgeous picture!

So the air was clearer than normal, which is why the 6 miles look less than they would have had, had there been more of a haze. I saw the same thing happen when we flew across Greenland at that hight, in crystal clear air, and the mountains looked like we might scrape them, while in fact they were miles beneath us. Fascinating view and photo!

greenland !

Im so totally jealous, Id love to fly over that place !! wow.
Did you shoot anything out the window by any chance ?

I did, but that was in 1995, and I was still not that much into photography. They are slides, and I'm having a hard time scanning those. I can try though.

Most reactions

Back